Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To us who have strayed away


To us who have strayed away from our bro and sis in Christ, from the Church, from the Word of God, from God; to us who have forsaken God; to us who have voluntarily left the fold, God has spoken to us since centuries ago:

"When YOU (Israel) were a child, I loved YOU, and out of Egypt I called my son.
But the more I called YOU (Israel), the further YOU went from me,
to sacrificed to the Baals (Worldly pleasures and iniquities)
and burn incense to images(idolatory; vain glory).
It was I who taught YOU (Ephraim) to walk, taking YOU by the arms; but YOU did not realize it was I who healed YOU.
How can I give you up, Ephraim?
How can I hand you over, Israel?
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim. For I am God, and not man--the Holy One among you. I will not come in wrath." (Hosea 11:)

You may have given up on and forsaken Jesus, but He said "how can I give you up and hand you over?"
He can't let us go, because He loves us too much.
Come back to Him in times of joy and distress. Give thanks in joy or share with Him your sorrow. If you love Him, you have to love the Church and your brethren.

Note: He is still praying for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment