Saturday, January 21, 2012

Amidst The Joy

I can have more than 3 luxurious meals a day,
endless hours of online access to enjoy,
I have choices to pick what program I favour,
I am the king, as the Consumer is king.
Amidst such enjoyment,
what about those who lay by the streets,
pleading for shelter and a coin?

I can afford a car, my favourite CNY clothes,
money to belanja my friends and brag about my generosity.
An everlasting supply of material pleasure.
Amidst such pleasure,
what about those who have to toil under the Sun,
tottering from town to town,
simply to earn some meagre wages?

I, among the billions of the human race,
have been granted the status of the Son of God.
What nobility! What precious gift from on high!
A separated royalty, a chosen priesthood.
Amidst this spiritual Liberty,
what about those who shed tears and cry to the gods,
yet remain completely helpless;
helpless thus hopeless;
and with a sigh of finality,
life to them, is but lifelessness.

Okay, maybe you don't think life is that bad.
But I have witnessed such misery only recently,
from some who are of close ties to me,
but I have failed to share what I have.
I could only hope that someday,
before my love grows cold and my urgency vanishes,
God will open a way for the Blinded,
for those I love.
Let's count our blessings -which we have freely received-
thus share them with the human race.
Happy CNY 2012!

1 comment: