Sunday, September 5, 2010

My secret Identity


ref from http://www.tjc.org/devotional/showDev.aspx?aid=9582

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (Rom 8:15)

I used to have this childish imagination that if the Almighty God is my Father, I am just like a superhero born under extraordinary circumstances, and ultimately I have to hide my true identity and capabilities - a superhero, a Son of God.

I, with this secret identity, dwell among mortals who live in vanities and misery;
Among friends and relatives who try to seek something that I already have,
and hardly finding it;
Among the sick and the dying who know not what lies beyond death;
Among the wise and the powerful who created beliefs and formed tales of the spiritual realm, while I am the son of the One who created all things.

It sounds just too cool to be true.
I am my Father's son, who is soon to be sealed with the Promised Holy Spirit.

It's just like in the movie Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, except that the story is fictitious and the gods in the movie are weak and limited.
For my status as the Son of God is true, even in the modern, 21st century.
And my God Jesus, is the strongest and most powerful.



Thank You, my God, for adopting me as Your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment