Friday, September 11, 2009

"Super Duper Real, dude" the devil affirms



The cloudless sky was an azure blue. It was as though the sunlight had warmed the earth with just a bright and cheerful smile. Looking at the watch, "oh, 10 more minutes before Sabbath service starts..."
The believers strode into the church one by one. Emerged before their eyes was a grand and beautiful church hall.

Then, the Guardian Angel noticed something out of the ordinary. A shadow. A weird shadow. Oh, goodness, it was the Devil! Why was the Devil so zealous in attending Sabbath now, huh?

"Hey, why are you here? The service's started," asked the angel

"I know I know, dude, let me in, if you don't mind." the Devil requested.

"WHAT? No. Please go away."

"Heyyo, I am not here to cause any havoc. Promised. Let me in."

"Real?"

"Super Duper real, dude."



The angel confirmed a three-time, then allowed the devil its entry. But surprisingly, the devil came back out just after a while, with a evil grin.

"Why so quick?"

"Oh, 'cause I've got enough of what I need to see."

"Don't wanna stay longer?"

"Nop. Thanks. Ha, 'cause after a short observation, my heart was soothed. As I looked, the sisters were bothered only about their make-up; some of the elderly were unable to focus on the sermon, but stayed disturbed by their Company businesses; Some in-charge seemed so hardworking and noting down notes, but as I approached, I saw only unpleasant comments about the sermon quality, this and that, bla bla... Well, there is still a minority who yearned for the Word, ... whatever, all I know is that most of them do not esteem spirituality."

"REAL??" astounded,
the angel exclaimed aloud.

"Super Duper Real, dude! That's why I am all too pleased. See ya!"


From article "Forgot About Who I Am" of Holy Spirit Monthly
share your thoughts?

11 comments:

  1. sounds like me bro... sometimes la.

    But hey, i am still in an effort to change. I have fallen short of God's expectation. I will change!

    It is really a shame, man. If the devil actually blasphemed God that way because of our bad behavior.

    The above is just a small story.

    In reality, we often forget who we are. We are no ordinary dudes and chicks, man! We are special (sounds like one part from Heroes, LOL)! 'Cause we are the image of the Truth. Not just to the church people, but to the world.

    We just forgot that, didn't we?

    Hope God will assist us in our weaknesses.


    Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, guys. that happens to me a lot, too. I think it's because of my tuition le but anyways, stretching can help a bit... though it may look a bit weird stretching in the middle of a sermon it sorta works... and it's better than falling asleep during the sermon =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow really? I thought we could try massaging our fingers... according to my friends, it worked when they were about to doze off during tuition. But didn't really work for me though. Guess i did it the wrong way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. other solution that i use now is write out wat Pr say...
    i will help u concentrate on the sermon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tried that before, but if i get real tired from the day's work, then there is no way that can stop me from dozing. But that is very rare la. 'Cause sometimes sch work is kinda hectic.

    Guess wat? i dared to doze off half-way writing the notes, and i almost collapsed with the pen in my hand pulak! LoL. That'd be even more embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice story...
    every1 need to improve lo...

    sumtimes i oso din concentrate on the sermon lo...
    sumtimes play phone, study school stuff, dreaming, drawing... haiz... many la...
    so sorry... stealing time for God... haiz...

    so huh, need to read bible everyday,
    pray everyday,
    then only can improve in spiritual loh! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dude, there is some good way to start things out. You're right.

    But hey, you certainly can't simply give names for yourself! You are no loser. God definitely din create you as a loser!

    Let's all improve together. Just keeping ourselves close to God like a nice father-son-relationship, Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah...u all must be hardful to get close wif the lord...

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Hardful"?

    oh ya. It's an effort to make indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe is my grammar got wrong....

    haha!!! English too poor....

    i mean"nu li"(努力)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah. But hey, don't worry. Language is meant to communicate. When both parties can understand each other, it is already a success.

    Berusaha lah bersama~

    ReplyDelete