Friday, February 5, 2010

the colorful hair of a sinful woman

I dashed forward and knelt at His feet, my breath came in ragged beats.
My body tensed like a drawn bow, turbulent were my heart and soul.

Hot tears streamed down and wet His feet,

my heart raged with a struggle over sins;
over the trangressions I had, within.

I'd heard of You, Jesus, You healed the lame, You raised the dead,
You gave the blind his sight,
and cast out demons and brought light.

Wet were Your feet, my hair would wipe them clean.
I would only kiss your feet,
the most lowly part of your body.
I would only pour ointment there,
never did I dare to annoint your hair.

In my mind flashed
the images of my past wicked doings.
My tongue went numb
and I could utter nothing.
Just a longing,

please make my hair an acceptable offering.


Luke7:48 then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

3 comments:

  1. how a nice pic...^^...got more?
    因为有光,才有色彩。。。
    一个忏悔的泪,让她脱离黑暗进入光明,
    当她进入光明的时候,我们就可以看到从她内心发出的色彩。。。
    真的好美。。。

    ReplyDelete
  2. a blood-stained scarf,
    a sorrowing eye,
    and an alabaster jar of ointment
    are what it takes to ignite faith, hope, love and forgiveness, and, a hair in rainbow colors.

    There goes the story of a sinful woman whose sins are remitted by Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks and yea, aily, you are right.

    Because of her tears, Jesus mocked the pharasees for this woman's sake and forgave her sins. A story symbolized by this painting: the tears, the hair, the perfume and the blood on the scarf.

    ReplyDelete