Friday, May 21, 2010

The Neglected Society


Bro Chin's sermon tonight pricked me regarding our obligation to help the needy, and to serve the society. Actually, I had always wanted to contribute to the society by volunteering in welfare centres like Old Folks' homes, Orphanages or Hospitals. Jesus had laid a perfect example. Look, he didn't just serve the synagogues back then, right? Instead, he traveled afar to help the poor and needy, some were not even Jews/Israelites. This fountain of grace was poured even upon the Gentiles, on whom Jesus was not initially "sent for"(Mat15:24).
In the spiritual realm,
we are the priests of God, the children of light, (1Pet2:9).
We owned an extraordinary status in the eyes of God. And yea, we are NO ordinary people.
However, in the material world,
I am still a Malaysian subjected to the Malaysian Law and Justice.
I am a part of the multiracial society, a part of the human community.
Deep inside there is an obligation of patriotism. An urge to encourage 1Malaysia~

And a will to stretch out to the neglected part of the society.

Let's not hesitate to offer yourselves to the service to the Nation,
as that is also the will of God,
(Js 1:27 look after orphans and widows in their distress).
They live in loneliness and pain, yet have hardly uttered a murmur about their distress.


Let's stretch out to them with the love of Christ.
aaronCcf

3 comments:

  1. Im from TJC , I hv a question to ask for advice . Recently, there is a brother, in school, I say hello to him, but he x entertain me , he treat me like stranger , and this happens to me many time .Today, we meet in a same lift, I say hello to him, he didn't reply,nt looking to me at all , but he knew is me ,when I walk out from lift, I try to say bye to him, he also not hirau me . In church also, he doesn't very want to talk to me . Im the one always talk him 1st, he sometime answer, sometime said' uh' ,'oh' without looking at me.I feel want to give up already .He treat me like stranger only, but he talks to other brother and sisters, except me. But I never offense him, i do not the reason.Last year, he is friendly to me, now is different. I don't know am I still need to say hello to him anymore when meet. Im not want to talk bad about him. I just want to know what should I do . I know if Lord Jesus, He sure will still keep say hello to him although the bro treat Him like stranger. But , I feel hurt and sad everytime he treats me like that.

    thanks for listen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the late reply, and am more sorry to know the hard situation you are in. I can imagine how bad it must have felt, especially when you have but good intentions and yet you are not been responded nicely.

    I am not an expert of this. So I won't be able to tell you why exactly is he doing this to you. I can see you regard him as an important brother. But if he seems not in favor with you for no reason, there is really hardly anything you can do to change him.

    Nevertheless, prayer can always be a solution. Share with your Father in heaven the problem you are facing and wait patiently for His answer. Though this sounds very "traditional" because almost every church member will tell you "to pray", and you may get bored with this answer, but still prayer is vital in everything.

    In the process of "waiting for His answer", maybe you should keep your mind occupied with something else and don't take him too seriously. At least you took the 1st step to lighten your burden, which is that you have now shared this with me. Your burden will be lightened if you get someone to share it with.

    Remember that there is always somebody/Somebody to share your sorrows, and never let anything be a stumbling block to your faith.

    May God lighten your cross,
    aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLAP CLAP CLAP! nice Aaron, "LIKE" it....

    ReplyDelete