Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To Be Back

A Prodigal Son Returns
Liken to the return of the prodigal son, I have returned, after a long long time, back to this blog.
Lk 15: tells of a son, after having obtained his part of the father's property, went out to roam about the world like a free bird from a cage. As I was roaming about the virtual, material and social worlds beyond the church, forgetting my promises and commitment I once had towards God.

It was only after some sort of encouragement that reminded me of the love of my concerned brothers and sisters, or when I settled down from worldly stress, that I remember my
commitment.

A prodigal son returns, and regrets over not being able to fulfill his own promises.
vs 21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’"


The Workers Are Few
To truly understand the "lamentation" in Mt 9:38, one must first be one of the FEW workers.
Because of the very small number of workers, their labor is deemed much more precious.
Eld Phoong mentioned in several sermons of how True Jesus Church was able to touch the distant rural areas of many less-developed nations like Vietnam and Cambodia. It was the very few workers who were persistent enough against all odds and adversities.

The Gospel arrived in Vietnam in 1917 through a brother who opened a factory there. The brother preached and pastored the factory workers. Unfortunately, the brother had left Vietnam later, leaving God's sheep wandering in the perilous wilderness.
In 2005, Eld Phoong had a reunion with the long-lost brethren. They had idols at home.
"When asked why, they said 'the True Jesus Church has not been here for so many years...' where were we when they needed us?" concluded Elder.

Here I am
When the prodigal son returns, the father commanded his servants most gleefully
"BRING THE BEST ROBE for him to wear, A RING for his finger, SHOES for his feet, slaughter the FATTENED CALF for a feast!!!"

This means, if you have strayed away, it's only reasonable you feel guilty and bad. And now, you should make the right choice, to return to the Father with repentance, and the Father will only celebrate your return with the greatest joy.

After the return, and seeing the full harvest with few workers, say,
"Here I am, send me."

No comments:

Post a Comment