Sunday, April 10, 2011

Someday, I know

Now, you say my belief is empty and foolish
Someday, you'll join me in this heavenly path with a Grace to cherish.

Now, you say I am a coward for rejecting pubs and beer
Someday, you'll know it is God's laws that you should hold most dear.

Now, you say church is but another boring place
Someday, you'll know to heaven, this is the only way.

Now, you say "See, I do just fine without God"
Someday, you'll glance back at God holding you when you fall.

Now, you say I waste my time trying to change you
Someday, you'll know God has only been patient with you

Now, you say you believe in God only if the impossible becomes possible
Someday, you'll know without God, you are not possible.

Now, you charge me
with rejecting my own roots
with no filial piety for my family,
with betrayal on my ancestry,
with violating traditions and our collective identity.

Now, you say NO and slam the door in my face
you burn me with hate in your gaze
our moments together from your memory erased
our hearts that once linked now betrayed

My heart breaks
and my faith sinks
but I shall keep my faith

Someday, I know, you'll thank me and embrace His grace.
And I will wait,
even with your scorn my heart is set ablaze,
my efforts and prayers gone to waste.
I will wait,
till His salvation you embrace.

Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment